Day 1: Welcome to ESL115

Hey everyone!

Welcome to ESL115, Principles of Academic Writing.

Section F will meet Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 11:00-11:50 a.m. in room G13 in the Foreign Languages Building.

In this class, we'll work on developing your writing and critical thinking skills to help you research and write college-level academic papers that are well organized, logical, and properly sourced. That might sound very official and intimidating, but I hope that we'll be able to have some fun along the way!

On this blog, I'll post class announcements, daily assignments, writing tips and links to resources that will help you with your coursework. Take time to familiarize yourself with the site. There is a link to the course information sheet I handed out in the first class, as well as the Student Information Survey that I asked you to complete.

If you have any questions, please visit me during my office hours (time and location are in the sidebar), or send me an email at salvado2@illinois.edu.

HOMEWORK due Friday, 1/21: Share your dropbox folder ESL115F_FirstnameLastname with me (salvado2@illinois.edu). Within this folder, create a folder called "Unit 1" and complete the Student Information Survey. Also, upload a picture of yourself to the Unit 1 folder.